Thursday, September 17, 2015

Jacob's Song Pick of the Day (9/17/2015): "When the Day Comes" by Nico & Vinz

Today's song pick of the day is "When the Day Comes" by Nico & Vinz. I love this band and listen to their CD "Black Star Elephant" quite a lot. They are also absolutely amazing in concert, I'm looking forward to them coming back to Toronto again. Have a listen and read what this song means to me:


"I'm ready for war/I'm ready for action, now watch me kick in the door/But what if the day comes when we go from sun to monsoon/Who can I run to, run to, run to". 

This song to me is a call to action. Every one of us has something that we're fighting for, a dream that could make this world better.  The idea of being remembered as someone who has done good in this world is what keeps the "fire in my soul" burning. I've been feeling awful lately. The one positive thing that keeps me focused and determined is my dream of helping other sick children. Working on Jacob's Healing Rooms has helped me feel better physically and has brought my spirits up. I'm ready for action, ready to make this a huge success that will bring people smiles for years to come. I'm ready to make something beautiful. Will you help me?

No comments:

Post a Comment