Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Jacob's Song of the Day (10/06/2015): "If Today Was Your Last Day" by Nickelback

Today's song pick was chosen for it's message of living in the moment, rather than being stuck in the past or focused on tomorrow. I chose "If Today Was Your Last Day" by Nickelback to remind us all that we don't know how long we have here, so today is your chance to make a positive change. Have a listen and read what this song means to me:


I am very aware of death. I've had times where I've worried that I might not have a tomorrow. I know that the heart condition that the doctors believe I have (more testing coming) often leads to a sudden cardiac arrest. I know that sometimes people die from Crohn's Disease (I won't be one of them), and that people with Crohn's Disease who experience lengthy flare-ups are at a higher risk of certain cancers. And I've met other kids at the hospital who have since gone on to another place. I'm mostly stable with my heart symptoms right now, so I have no plans of going anywhere. But the thought does creep up from time to time.

This is part of what motivated me to start fundraising for Jacob's Healing Rooms. If I were to pass away, I want to be able to think that my life mattered. That I made a difference. I want people to remember that all it took was a simple wish to improve the lives of other sick kids and hopefully this will inspire others to make their own simple wishes. I also want to be able to inspire other kids out there by letting them know that they have the power to make a difference as well. All it takes is a dream and determination.

*To make a donation to JACOB'S HEALING ROOMS click HERE*

No comments:

Post a Comment