Thursday, October 8, 2015

Jacob's Song of the Day (10/08/2015): "Hold Your Head Up" by Macklemore

Today's song pick is about finding peace in this life you have been given and the path that you are on. It's about acceptance of the reality of every day. Today's song pick is "Hold Your Head Up" by Macklemore (feat. Xperience). Have a listen and read why I chose this song:


"A friend of mine once told me,/We have many paths in this journey./They act in different directions/So when you question don't be worried,/It's not a wrong one-/Beauty can be found in all of them."  Those are some powerful lyrics! And share a very important message: Even if your path is difficult, beauty can still be found in it. I have to admit, in my moments of weakness I do question "Why me?", "Why must I have so many challenges handed out to me?" At 11, I've had 12 sedated procedures, including the removal of my heavily damaged colon. I've lived through intense pain of developing bleeding psoriasis covering over 70% of my body. I have to live with medical appliances attached to me. I think it's pretty easy to see why I would question "why me?".

But then I get to thinking, why not me? Why not let it be me who makes the doctors think outside the box? Perhaps the stuff they find outside that box will go on to help other kids who might be similar to my circumstances. Why not let it be me who tries out newer medications? Why not let it be me who sets out to inspire others to find the beauty in their life? All of this suffering that I've gone through, all the pain and tears, they must mean something. I believe in each of us having a purpose here on Earth. We're born to leave our mark on the world, to do just one little thing that can help make a huge difference. I think it would be such a waste if we weren't here for a purpose. I strongly feel that my purpose here is to take the challenges I face with my health and find the beauty in them. I am here to inspire and to help make a difference in the lives of other sick kids. But beyond just raising funds to change the hospital treatment rooms, I'm hoping to spread kindness and inspire others to do their own acts of giving. If we all gave just a little, our world would be even more amazing!

*To DONATE to JACOB'S HEALING ROOMS please click HERE*


No comments:

Post a Comment