Friday, October 9, 2015

Jacob's Song of the Day (10/09/2015): "Keep Your Head Up" by Andy Grammer

Today's song is about having the courage to see the bigger picture. I picked "Keep Your Head Up" by Andy Grammer. Have a listen and read why I chose this song today:


Life is a journey. When I try to think back to the life before I got sick, it seems like such a distant memory. It's almost like life began when I got sick. Which isn't far from the truth. When I think about getting my diagnosis of Inflammatory Bowel Disease, I can see how my life changed almost instantly. I was suddenly thrown into this world of medical "stuff", into a world of constant needles and IV lines. A world where you wear your medical tubes and scars as trophies showing what you've overcome. I had so many questions in those early days of being diagnosed. I thought that I'd just take some treatments and that would be that. How wrong I was.

Here I am 12 trips to the Operating Room later, and one colon less. I've been booked again into the OR 2 weeks from today to see if my fancy designer drug that costs a tiny fortune is working, and if there's any new areas of damage. I think most people would be really worried, but I'm not really feeling like that. It all has to go back to the idea of control. I can't control what the doctors are going to find when they go in there, but I can control (or at least try) how I let the worries effect me. If I focus on the things within my control, at least I can still be working on moving forward. If I let the worries take over, then I'm stuck. And I don't want to be stuck any more. It's time to keep my head up and keep on going.

Something that has been helping me keep my mind off of everything is working on Jacob's Healing Rooms, my wish to help other sick kids. It's a good feeling that it gives me to be able to take my experience and use it for good. It's a positive outlet that I can pour all of my heart into making it a reality. As I start to get ready for my next procedure, I'm focusing on the bigger picture; how I can help make a difference. Please help support my wish to help other kids needing outpatient IV treatments, donate and share my message today. Together we can make a difference in the lives of people who could really use a boost.

*To DONATE to JACOB'S HEALING ROOMS please click HERE*

No comments:

Post a Comment