Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Jacob's Song of the Day (11/21/2015): "The Rainbow Connection" by Kermit the Frog

Today's song is for all the dreamers out there. Never give up your dreams no matter how far away they might feel or the challenges that you face along the way. Today's song is "The Rainbow Connection" by Kermit the Frog. Have a listen and read why I chose this song today:


I'm a dreamer. I'm a wisher. I'm a thinker, planner and full of hopeful ideas. In this way, I'm a lot like Kermit. I also love rainbows, and still think that there's something so magical about the splitting of light into the many colors streaking across the sky. When I think of a rainbow connection, I cannot help but think of the "magical" connections that I've had the opportunity to make so far in my life. Those connections that have happened on the spur of a moment, but came to mean so much more to me than can be explained. Every time someone shares their kind words of support with me, it motivates me even more to keep going and helps me through the difficult bad days. Complete strangers have become these little fireflies giving me hope and strength. They're magical.

Dreamers and a dose of magic are needed to change the world for the better. Jacob's Healing Rooms is a fantastic dream of mine. It's my wish that other kids can have an encouraging environment when they go to get their treatments at the hospital. When I first started my dream felt so huge that I wasn't sure that it would ever take off. It was really hard to get people to take notice of me, the little kid with the big dream. But I stuck with it, and I'm so glad that I did. I've made awesome connections like with #MyGivingMoment, the ByStander Revolution movement, the Dancing Man, Krista (#TheCheerleaders) from the Amazing Race, Chris from The New Electric, my Houston Texans cheerleading squad... It's been an overwhelming outpouring of support which I couldn't be more grateful for! Thanks to EVERYONE who has supported me so far with my dream. I'm going to reach that end of the rainbow soon and Jacob's Healing Rooms will be that pot of gold!



And as for my fundraising update: I set a goal to hit a total of $6000 raised for Jacob's Healing Rooms for Giving Tuesday. I'm now only $350 away! It's such an awesome day!

*To DONATE to JACOB'S HEALING ROOMS click HERE*

No comments:

Post a Comment