Sunday, September 27, 2015

Jacob's Song Pick of the Day (9/27/2015): "Once A Day" by Michael Franti & Spearhead

Today I chose another song that is both fun and meaningful, I really hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Today's pick is "Once A Day" by Michael Franti & Spearhead. Have a listen and read why I chose this song today:


Michael Franti is an amazing person, someone that really inspires me to do good in this world. Michael's son was diagnosed with a kidney disease which has led to some of the creation of some of the songs that he performs. Michael does a great job at raising awareness of kidney disease, and has created the "Do It For The Love Foundation" which aims to bring the gift of live music to individuals who are critically ill and veterans. Michael fully understands the impact that music can have on a person's outlook on life and wants to be able to share that gift with others. His music is a great call to action, reminding us that we all have the power to make a difference in the world. I know that Michael certainly makes a difference.

"You got your friends, you got your money,/Got your family, got your honey,/You think you got a million days./But then life comes along/And it knocks you right down to the ground". I never thought that I would all of a sudden become so very sick. One night I went to bed feeling ok and then when I woke up, literally everything in my life changed. Instead of soccer games, hanging out with friends and swinging out of trees, I'm sitting in waiting rooms and waiting for people to tell me what the next plan is to deal with it all. I'm going to sleep each night hoping that when I wake things will be different, only to wake to a continuation of the day before. You might think that you have everything you ever wanted, only to realize that life has other intentions and you have to change your entire way of thinking. Always remember that life can change so quickly and at any time so you need to take the moment that you are living and do something that's on your wish list.

My wish is simple, to make sick children smile. To offer kindness, compassion and to make a difference in this world of ours. At the end of the day, I want to be able to say that I lived well, and that to me means helping make this world a better place. Please help support Jacob's Healing Rooms, together we can make a difference.

"Everybody oughta hug somebody, at least once a day./And everybody oughta kiss somebody, at least once a day./Everybody's gonna miss somebody, at least once a day./And everybody gotta love somebody, every day!"


No comments:

Post a Comment